The child family room will be closed for painting JUNE 6,7,8
The ACC gym will have an operational family Child Care room during this time.
Fitness Improvement Classes help active duty personnel who wish to improve their fitness level to meet AF fitness standards.
NOTE: PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER BEFORE STARTING A NEW FITNESS ROUTINE. THERE ARE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH EXERCISE. PARTICIPATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
On rare occasions, our dedicated volunteer instructors are unable to make it to class. When this happens, classes are subject to cancellation with little or no notice.
Please note that many of our classes require a class fee to participate. This applies to Dependent, DoD, and guests. All Active Duty/Reserve/Guard personnel do not have to pay this fee.
Back to Basics
Exclusive for Military that have failed their PT test. Admission to the class is by contract with unit and fitness center.
An effective and efficient training workout guaranteed to increase cardio endurance and increase muscle.
High-intensity workout using circuit and TRX training tools.
Designed for Total Body/Mind Health. A challenging and fun discipline that will calm your mind, strengthen your body, and help you keep a sense of balance in your life. By stretching and lengthening your muscles, you will regulate your internal organs and bring balance to your circulatory, respiratory, and hormonal systems.
Step aerobics (moderate intensity), followed by a work out targeting those muscles not used during the step routine. (i.e., abs, upper body)
If you miss the good old days of military basic training, this is the class for you. High-intensity circuits and cardio.
Stretch and Tone
Suitable for any level of fitness, the classes are low-impact with a real focus on proper engagement of your abdominals to build core strength as well as tightening and toning.
You will find this to be the most exhilarating hour of your day; this class will blow you away. You'll burn calories and increase fitness with interval drills, hill sprints, and speed play training.
Whole-body workout using body weight, vectoring, and pendulum motion working in transverse planes.
A more physical form of yoga which can be used to helping calm ongoing chatter of the mind, reduce stress, and redirect attention to one's internal experience.
Infusing party fun into fitness. Zumba eliminates the "work" from working out by combing amazing great music with exercises.
Holidays | Down Days: 0700-1900
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas
24/7 Access available!
As of 1 Feb 17 the Langley PT test registration SharePoint site is no longer available. We have transitioned PT test registration to milSuite a site which will allow you to register for your PT test for the months of Mar and Apr. We are working to load the remaining months and will have them loaded as soon as possible.
New PT test registration (milSuite) site link : https://www.milsuite.mil/book/get-started (or copy and paste to your web browser)
* Log into milSuite (CAC enabled), locate search box (magnifying glass icon - right-hand corner) and type in Langley Fitness Assessment Cell (located under the Places heading)
* Click on Langley Fitness Assessment Cell, this will bring you to the monthly calendars. Use the left or right arrows to navigate to the next month
* Once the PT test blocks populate, click on a date and time that you wish to register for
* In the top right-hand corner, you will see a button that reads will you attend this event (click this button)
* Select yes as this will schedule your test
Key things to remember:
* There will not be a confirmation email sent your .mil account
* Members cannot sign up for each other, site is user specific when selecting "yes or no"
* If you select a date in error or need to change dates/time, follow the steps above and change your selection to "no"
IMPORTANT NOTE: For those who registered prior to 1 Feb using the previous SharePoint site we have your test dates/times. For those who still need to register for Feb, please call, email, or come by the Shellbank Fitness Center, Fitness Assessment Cell for a test date/time.
Fitness Assessment Cell contact info:
* DSN: 574-2713/Comm: 757-764-2713
* DSN: 575-0261/Comm: 757-225-0261
* DSN: 575-3792/Comm: 757-225-3792
* DSN: 575-8165/Comm: 757-225-8165
We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions or run into any issues with site registration, please do not hesitate to contact us.